TC 1600 handles applications generally touching on the life sciences, including plants, organic chemistry, and molecular biology. Its overall allowance rate is 56.7%, which is significantly lower than the USPTO average of 71%. In terms of average speed to disposition, it takes an average of 37.2 months to prosecute an application to allowance. Below are the top 10 fastest firms in TC 1600. The firms below all have had at least 100 applications disposed of in TC 1600 during the 10-year period between 2006 and 2015 and are ranked by the average number of months it takes them to receive a notice of allowance.
Congratulations to the following firms for their skill in prosecuting life science patent applications!
10. McKee, Voorhees & Sease (32.7 months)
9. Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie (32.5 months)
8. Potter Anderson & Corroon (32.2 months)
7. Grant IP (30.7 months)
6. WPAT (30.4 months)
5. Muncy, Geissler, Olds & Lowe (29.9 months)
4. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton (29.2 months)
3. Dentons (27.6 months)
2. Jondle & Associates (18.0 months)
1. Cochran Freund & Young (17.7 months)
For the firms with the highest allowance rates in TC 1600, see our post "The Top Firms for Life Science Patents."